Best Rice Cookers
Steamed rice is one of the most inexpensive, simple, and versatile dishes that makes it one of the most common food items worldwide. You don’t need any ingredients to cook rice; plain water does the trick.
Cooking a pot of fluffy, steamed rice can be a demanding affair if you are not used to the process. The perfect steamed rice must be soft not hard, with the right consistency and texture. The correct water and rice ratio is the key to making the ideal rice.
When you cook rice in a pan, you need to monitor the rice constantly and keep stirring it occasionally so that the grains don’t stick together. And even after so much trouble, there will be times when you are so busy that you don’t have time to wait near the stove.
A rice cooker is an outstanding appliance that saves you from all these hassles of cooking rice. You don’t need to monitor the rice while it’s cooking. Just add water and rice, and your rice cooker will turn it into fluffy steamed rice. The only ingredient you need is a good quality rice cooker. Here, we list the best rice cookers for perfect rice worth every penny.
#1 Zojirushi NS-ZCC18 Neuro Fuzzy Rice cooker and Warmer
The Zojirushi NS-ZCC18 Neuro Fuzzy rice cooker and warmer is an intelligent and improved appliance that gives you a smooth and flawless experience. This rice cooker uses the Neuro-Fuzzy technology, which results in fluffy and perfect steamed rice. With this technology, the device can ‘think’ itself by adjusting the temperature and time according to the type of rice.
It comes with two measuring cups, a spoon holder, a rice spoon, and a recipe book. You can put up to ten cups of rice in it which after cooking will be around twenty cups. The rice cooker has a detachable inner lid an LCD panel that is easy to read.
Some features of the NS-ZCC18 are:
- Cooking a variety of rice like brown and white rice, sushi rice, mixed rice.
- It has a spherical inner thick cooking pan that efficiently distributes the heat.
- Audio indicator to notify when the cooking is over.
- An array of settings to make the type of rice such as the usual white or brown rice, porridge, sushi rice, quick-cooking, and rinse-free.
- It automatically fixes the cooking time based on the type of rice.
- It has a built-in thermal sensor that keeps track of the temperature in the cooker.
- It has microcomputer technology that enables it to change the cooking time according to the rice used.
- The handle makes it much easy to carry around.
- It also has an extensive and clear LCD that shows all the information.
#2 Zojirushi NS-TSC10 Micom Rice Cooker
The Zojirushi NS-TSC10 Micom Rice Cooker can cook approximately 5.5 cups of uncooked rice. The Micom technology used in this rice cooker allows it to adjust the cooking time according to the type of rice cooking in it. It is enough for a family of five members, making it appropriate for most households.
The Zojirushi NS-TSC10 has a wide array of settings that enable the cooker to cook brown rice, white rice, porridge, sushi rice, etc. You can use the mixed rice setting if you put other ingredients with the rice. And the cake menu setting helps to bake a cake in your rice cooker, which turns it into a multi-purpose appliance.
It has an extended keep warm feature, which is automatic, and a heating function. It keeps the rice fluffy and fresh without making it dry, which usually happens when your rice cooker is on ‘keep warm’ for too long.
Here are some features of the Zojirushi NS-TSC10:
- The intelligent micro-computer decides the time to cook based on the type of rice used.
- A non-stick inner cooking pot makes it easier to use and clean.
- It has a BPA-free steaming basket that you can use to steam the rice or any other dish. Use the steam setting for steaming.
- Has a retractable power cord.
- An LCD screen that displays all the directions and settings.
- The melody indicates the end of the cooking process.
- It can cook porridge, brown and white rice, sushi, and mixed rice.
- It can also bake a cake.
- It also has automatic extended warm and reheating options.
#3 Cuckoo CRP-P0609S Rice Cooker
This rice cooker sums up our list of the three best rice cookers with unique features. The Cuckoo CRP – P0609S rice cooker can cook up to 6 cups of fluffy and perfectly cooked rice. This multi-functional rice cooker has customizable menu settings that can cook any grain, a leftover heating option, and a keep warm option to ensure that the food stays warm.
You can also use this rice cooker as a steaming vessel with the help of different steaming options from the menu. It also has a preset chance that helps set a timer for cooking food to get a pot of hot rice when you return home from work.
Here are some other features of this rice cooker:
- It has the highest pressure level at 26 PSI so that your rice cooks faster.
- It comes with 12 options on the menu to cook different rice, porridge, and even bread baking.
- It has an LCD screen with touch controls.
- The Fuzzy logic feature enables the cooker to decide the cooking time based on the type of rice or dish.
- It is perfect for medium-sized families
- The detachable inner lid makes cleaning easy.
- It has a voice navigation feature in three languages, Chinese, English, and Korean.
- It safely releases pressure for more convenience.
Rice cookers are a perfect addition to our kitchen in today’s fast-paced world as they are efficient and easy to use. A rice cooker turns rice cooking into a simple affair without any hassle. They have a compact size and will fit into the smallest of kitchens.(1)
If you don’t eat rice regularly, you don’t even need a rice cooker. But if you love to cook rice frequently, then having a rice cooker will save your time and energy. With our list of the best rice cookers, you can quickly get one that is efficient and perfect for your use.